PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide.
The continued international development of PRINCE2 examinations, training and course material is contributing significantly to the recognition of PRINCE2 as a truly international standard. More and more people are having the opportunity to benefit from the training courses and certifications that are available worldwide.
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the project management life cycle.
- Utilize an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.
The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
- Objective testing
- 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).