Dealing with change and, more importantly, the impact of change is a high priority for all organizations. In other for organizations to compete in the future or to attain a competitive edge in the market, change need to be introduced to processes, people and resources to optimize and achieve the best value for every invested sum in the organization. The change will need to cut across the organization as a whole either in business re-engineering or the introduction of new products and services among others. Change helps this transition to deliver better value to clients and prospective client for the organization to be a leading brand in the ever changing business environment.
The Change Management certification deals with the theories of how change impacts on and is affected by:
- the Individual
- the Team
- the Organization
- the Change Leader.
- Improve ability to change by managing reactions and develop an understanding of change by identifying the impacts that initiatives can have and learning to address them.
- Learn how people react to change and use this knowledge to lead them successfully through business transformation.
- Learn about change theories and how to apply the appropriate theory for an organization’s specific needs. This will enhance the way colleagues and organizations deal with and embrace change as well as establishing personal change management processes based on learnings.
- Know how to take people through the various phases of transition and lead change more effectively with less resistance and more support.
- Help you understand how to react to change so you are equipped to lead more effectively and sympathetically.
- Complement established, process driven methods (like PRINCE2® and MSP®) to develop a holistic picture of change.
- Attain a unique, tailored change management process based on the specific needs of the organization.
- Reduce the risk of failure or delay during periods of organizational transformation by maintaining productivity and reducing costs.
- Gain support from staff and instil confidence in the change management programme so employees are comfortable and prepared to move forward to the next stage.
- Change Management certified professionals use their comprehensive understanding of change, its benefits and its impact on various groups within organizations to allow the organization to react more effectively to competitive pressures and to global, political and environmental issues.
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to measure whether you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Change Management Text and Handbook to act as an informed member of a change management team during a period of change within part or all of your organization. The Foundation certification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification.
- Multiple choice
- Four sections, total of 60 questions
- 30 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor Change Management guidance in a given organizational change situation. A successful Practitioner should, with suitable direction be able to start applying the Change Management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Your individual Change Management expertise, complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of Change Management approaches in your work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
- Objective testing
- Four questions of 20 marks each
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- Three hours duration
- Restricted open book – manual and candidate handbook only.